US: St Pauli lines up mystery girl ads
US beer distributor Crown Imports has lined up a fresh print advertising campaign for German beer brand St. Pauli Girl.
Crown Imports, a venture between Grupo Modelo and Constellation Brands, said yesterday (12 February) that the campaign - 'Drop Dead Refreshing' - is an evolution of last year's advertising. The adverts use the female form of a well-known model who the company has declined to name. St. Pauli said it will reveal her identity this spring.
"This campaign takes the highly successful 2006 campaign to a new level and introduces our new tag-line which reflects the essence of the brand along with St. Pauli Girl's edgy sense of humour," said Fred Graefenhain, vice president of marketing for Crown Imports.
The new executions will premiere in March and April issues of national magazines including Playboy and Rolling Stone. At the same time, the campaign will be backed by outdoor ads in key markets including Chicago, Las Vegas, and Philadelphia.
Baarsma Wine Group Holding and Constellation Europe are to strengthen their working relationship from the start of October, with a distribution deal that will see the Benelux distributor take on a lar...
US drinks distributor Silver Eagle Distributors L.P. has acquired all assets of BudCo, the Anheuser-Busch and Grupo Modelo sales, marketing and distribution company for 13 counties in South Texas....
Anheuser-Busch has posted a steady rise in profits and sales for its second quarter....
A local broker has lowered its coverage of Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo....
Crown Imports has appointed a new vice president of marketing....
The UK's Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has said it has cleared the completed joint venture between Constellation Brands Inc and Punch Taverns PLC....
Constellation Brands board of directors has voted in a new CEO....
Constellation Brands' first-quarter profit has dropped 64%, while shares rose 4.2% beating analysts' predictions....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report