US: St Pauli Girl, Tsingtao get US boost
Crown Imports, which begins operations today (2 January), will represent the imported beers of the St. Pauli Brauerei in Bremen, Germany and from Chinese brewer Tsingtao.
"St. Pauli Girl and Tsingtao have been valued and strong performers in our portfolio for many years," said Bill Hackett, the president of Constellation's Barton Beers arm, who will become president of Crown Imports. "I am especially pleased to announce that both brands will be represented in the US market by the new joint venture and will help make our portfolio one of the strongest in the business.
"We are excited to continue to work with these outstanding brewers and greatly appreciate these valuable long-term partnerships."
In July last year, Modelo and Constellation unveiled the joint venture, which will import and distribute Modelo's portfolio, including the Corona beer brand, across the US.
The move saw Modelo part ways with the Gambrinus Co., who had distributed its brands in the eastern part of the US. Constellation was already the distributor for Modelo in the western areas of the country prior to the formation of Crown Imports.
Modelo is half-owned by US-based brewing giant Anheuser-Busch.
The Swedish spirits producer V&S Group is up for sale and, with the global premium vodka brand Absolut as its prime asset, has attracted much attention from major international players. Jeremy Cunning...
Constellation Brands board of directors has voted in a new CEO....
Constellation Brands' first-quarter profit has dropped 64%, while shares rose 4.2% beating analysts' predictions....
Constellation Brands is looking at acquisition that will boost its premium spirits portfolio, though it has reiterated that it is not interested in buying Absolut owner V&S....
Gaymer Cider Company plans to invest heavily in its flagship cider brand in the UK with the introduction of a new advertising campaign this summer....
Rodney Strong Vineyards has created a new position to focus on ultra premium outlets across the US....
Robert Mondavi has unveiled a smaller, portable version of its Woodbridge wine brand in the US....
Pacific Wine Partners has added a rosé wine to its Cellar Door offering in the US....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research