US: Sprite gets personal with mobile community
The company said yesterday (6 June), that the campaign, entitled The Sprite Yard, will provide consumers with constant brand awareness through their mobile phones. The initiative was introduced in China last week and will be available across the US by the end of the month.
The promotion, which uses pin numbers found under the caps of Sprite bottles, aims to engage the consumer with each purchase of the sparkling beverage. Upon texting the number into their mobile, consumers are then invited to join a mobile community, create profiles, share photos and information about themselves with friends and gain access to downloadable content such as ringtones and animations.
Coke's senior vice president, Mark Greatrex, said: "Sprite is the first beverage brand to enable a mobile experience combining such a rich combination of features and functions. The Sprite Yard provides an efficient, sustainable and fresh marketing platform that reflects changing consumer demands and significantly personalises the relationship between consumers and Sprite."
Sprite global brand director Denis Sison added: "We know that when it comes to reaching teens, mobile is the medium. This program will enable us to connect with teens by putting Sprite both in their hand and in their phone. We can provide them 'instant gratification' through ever-changing content and the ability to immediately receive new information and entertainment."
By the end of 2008, the Sprite Yard will be introduced in several additional markets globally, according to the company.
The European marketing director of adult beverages at Coca-Cola GB is set to move to the Far East....
Coca-Cola North America has unveiled a new television advert aimed at family audiences across the US....
The Coca-Cola Company has distanced itself from an "unsolicited" mini-tender offer launched by investment holding company K&N Value Select Corp....
Coca-Cola India is reportedly in talks to create a joint venture in the country with Tata Tea....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company (CCHBC) has posted a lift in both sales and profits for the first nine months of 2007....
Soft drinks giant Coca-Cola has endowed a professorship of consumer insight and marketing at the IMD business school in Lausanne....
Athens-based soft drinks bottler Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company (CCHBC) is to form a joint venture partnership with Coca-Cola and the Italian coffee company Illycaffè to market ready-to-drink cof...
Coca-Cola Drycker Sverige AB has invested in its bottling facility, the company said today....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research