USA: Sprite and Polo Jeans Co. Join Forces for a New National Program
Beginning June 15, Sprite will offer people the chance to win cool apparel from Polo Jeans Co., including denim jeans with $1000 hidden in the pocket. In this national promotion, running from June through September, consumers will be able to instantly win thousands of prizes by looking for messages concealed under the caps of specially marked bottles of Sprite.
Millions of bottles of Sprite will feature special packaging graphics encouraging teens and young adults to "Win Pocket Change." The distinctive packaging imagery combines the instantly recognizable Sprite name and green color with authentic denim accents and Polo Jeans Co. rivets as well as the familiar faces of the Polo Jeans Co. models. "Joining with Polo Jeans Co. gives Sprite a new and relevant way to connect with the teens and young adults who drink and relate to the brand," said Jeff Dunn, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Coca-Cola North America. "The soft drink they choose and the clothes they wear are part of how they communicate their individual style."
"The partnership between Polo Jeans Co. and Sprite is another example of the innovative ways we connect with our consumers," said Ross Klein, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Advertising for Polo Jeans Co. "Both brands represent a positive spirit of independence. The integration of media, packaging and promotion that is part of our alliance with Sprite is an ideal follow-up to our successful 1999 one-on-one consumer marketing program."
This major promotion will be supported by exclusive national television and radio advertising as well as in-store point-of-purchase materials featuring designs that complement the special Sprite/Polo Jeans Co. packaging. Vendors emblazoned with customized Sprite/Polo Jeans Co. graphics will be placed in Polo Jeans Co. stores. In addition, thousands of vendors around the country will feature special "You Can Win Pocket Change" messaging.
Ralph Lauren introduced his men's and women's Polo Jeans Co. collection in 1996, which is licensed to Jones Apparel Group. Polo Jeans Co. is created with a sensibility that is modern and spirited, American in style, youthful yet aspirational in attitude and quality that builds on the Polo Ralph Lauren heritage of authenticity and integrity. Polo Jeans are available at fine department and specialty stores worldwide as well as at Polo Jeans Co. retail stores. Sprite, the number five soft drink in the United States and a favorite brand among teens, is produced and marketed by The Coca-Cola Company, the world's largest beverage company. Five of the top ten soft drink brands in the U.S., including Coca-Cola, diet Coke, Sprite, caffeine-free diet Coke and Barq's Root Beer, are products of The Coca-Cola Company.
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Comment - Will the Sweetener Battle turn Sour?
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets