US: Sports marketing VP switch at PepsiCo's Gatorade
PepsiCo has confirmed a change of senior VP for sports marketing at its Gatorade division.
The company said yesterday (29 June) that Jennifer Storms will replace Jeff Urban in the position. Storms joins Gatorade from Turner Broadcasting Systems, where she held the position of SVP for sports marketing and programming.
In her new role, Storms will assume leadership of Gatorade's sports strategy and property management including league, team, and athlete relations.
"Jeff has been an integral part of Gatorade's success for more than a decade," said Sarah Robb-O'Hagan, chief marketing officer of Gatorade. "We thank him for his dedication and commitment.
"Her (Storms') experience with innovative multi-media sports platforms, including television, talent and digital across just about every major sport, will allow us to evolve our overall sports marketing approach."
Storms plans to relocate to Chicago in August.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read News Stories of 2009....
It would appear that, beyond the shadow of one major transaction, the soft drinks and water categories had a year of innovation and controversy. A colourful 12 months for the sector, then, as Ben Coop...
What 2009 lacked in explosive headlines in the brewing category, it more than made up for in tactical manoeuvres for the future. Olly Wehring considers a year that was always going to struggle, in eve...
Coca-Cola has been criticised for making a misleading claim in an ad in the US over its policy towards selling soft drinks in schools. While the company has agreed to change the wording in the ad, Ben...
As the decade draws to a close and just-drinks reflects on its first ten years of publication, our editorial team picks the ten stories that defined the noughties for the drinks industry and shaped ou...
The MD of Foster's Group's Carlton & United Breweries (CUB) unit has resigned....
None of Pepsico's soft drinks brands will advertise around television coverage of the Super Bowl in the US, as the firm looks to change its advertising strategy in 2010....
US soft drinks giant PepsiCo is to invest US$30m next year to rejuvenate its Gatorade sports drink....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts