US: Spirits volumes "robust" in January - figures
US spirits sales have had a solid start to the year
US spirit sales remained “robust” last month with volumes up by single digits, according to latest industry figures.
The National Alcohol Beverage Control Association numbers, which monitor the US's 18 Control States that cover 20% of total volumes, found that volumes were up by 4.5%, ahead of December's 1.5% increase. Diageo's volumes rose by 6.1% in the month, but behind the industry average, Nomura said in a note discussing the figures today (21 February).
The trend is simliar to AC Nielsen stats, where Diageo is “outperforming on pricing, but at the expense of some volume loss”, the analysts said.
Price mix was "strong" up 3.1%, better than December's 2.7% rise, Nomura noted.
Earlier today (6 August), Campari released its half-year results. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance in the period by region and by brand....
Wuliangye Yibin has warned China's spirits market is going though an adjustment after it posted a slowdown in profits growth in first-half results, according to local reports. ...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research