US: Spirits volumes "robust" in January - figures
US spirits sales have had a solid start to the year
US spirit sales remained “robust” last month with volumes up by single digits, according to latest industry figures.
The National Alcohol Beverage Control Association numbers, which monitor the US's 18 Control States that cover 20% of total volumes, found that volumes were up by 4.5%, ahead of December's 1.5% increase. Diageo's volumes rose by 6.1% in the month, but behind the industry average, Nomura said in a note discussing the figures today (21 February).
The trend is simliar to AC Nielsen stats, where Diageo is “outperforming on pricing, but at the expense of some volume loss”, the analysts said.
Price mix was "strong" up 3.1%, better than December's 2.7% rise, Nomura noted.
Earlier today (6 August), Campari released its half-year results. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance in the period by region and by brand....
Wuliangye Yibin has warned China's spirits market is going though an adjustment after it posted a slowdown in profits growth in first-half results, according to local reports. ...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future