US: Spirits volumes "robust" in January - figures
US spirits sales have had a solid start to the year
US spirit sales remained “robust” last month with volumes up by single digits, according to latest industry figures.
The National Alcohol Beverage Control Association numbers, which monitor the US's 18 Control States that cover 20% of total volumes, found that volumes were up by 4.5%, ahead of December's 1.5% increase. Diageo's volumes rose by 6.1% in the month, but behind the industry average, Nomura said in a note discussing the figures today (21 February).
The trend is simliar to AC Nielsen stats, where Diageo is “outperforming on pricing, but at the expense of some volume loss”, the analysts said.
Price mix was "strong" up 3.1%, better than December's 2.7% rise, Nomura noted.
Earlier today (6 August), Campari released its half-year results. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance in the period by region and by brand....
Wuliangye Yibin has warned China's spirits market is going though an adjustment after it posted a slowdown in profits growth in first-half results, according to local reports. ...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets