US: Spirits volumes "robust" in January - figures
US spirits sales have had a solid start to the year
US spirit sales remained “robust” last month with volumes up by single digits, according to latest industry figures.
The National Alcohol Beverage Control Association numbers, which monitor the US's 18 Control States that cover 20% of total volumes, found that volumes were up by 4.5%, ahead of December's 1.5% increase. Diageo's volumes rose by 6.1% in the month, but behind the industry average, Nomura said in a note discussing the figures today (21 February).
The trend is simliar to AC Nielsen stats, where Diageo is “outperforming on pricing, but at the expense of some volume loss”, the analysts said.
Price mix was "strong" up 3.1%, better than December's 2.7% rise, Nomura noted.
Earlier today (6 August), Campari released its half-year results. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance in the period by region and by brand....
Wuliangye Yibin has warned China's spirits market is going though an adjustment after it posted a slowdown in profits growth in first-half results, according to local reports. ...
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research