US: Spirits volumes "robust" in January - figures
US spirits sales have had a solid start to the year
US spirit sales remained “robust” last month with volumes up by single digits, according to latest industry figures.
The National Alcohol Beverage Control Association numbers, which monitor the US's 18 Control States that cover 20% of total volumes, found that volumes were up by 4.5%, ahead of December's 1.5% increase. Diageo's volumes rose by 6.1% in the month, but behind the industry average, Nomura said in a note discussing the figures today (21 February).
The trend is simliar to AC Nielsen stats, where Diageo is “outperforming on pricing, but at the expense of some volume loss”, the analysts said.
Price mix was "strong" up 3.1%, better than December's 2.7% rise, Nomura noted.
Earlier today (6 August), Campari released its half-year results. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance in the period by region and by brand....
Wuliangye Yibin has warned China's spirits market is going though an adjustment after it posted a slowdown in profits growth in first-half results, according to local reports. ...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review