FRANCE: Spirits producers launch tourism website
French spirits makers in tourism push
French spirits producers from Cognac to Calvados have joined forces to promote tourism in their sector via a new website.
The French Spirits Federation (FFS) has this week launched www.spiritourisme.com in an effort to encourage more consumers to visit distilleries and producers across the country.
The initiative has been inspired by the French wine sector's strategy to promote wine tourism as a way of generating extra revenue and educating consumers about France's maze of wine regions.
Around 74m tourists visited France in 2009, according to FFS.
"'Spiritourisme' brings together tourism, culture, heritage and the hotel industry," said FFS. It added that the initiative will open up "the immense heritage of French spirits".
The FFS has signed up 70 distilleries and firms across France and its overseas territories to take part in the tourism push, from big names such as Courvoisier and Remy Cointreau to boutique producers.
Last week, the FFS ruling council renewed the one-year mandate of its president, Jean-Pierre Lacarrière, who took on the role in July last year.
In this, the final part of just-drinks' review of 2010, Olly Wehring takes a look at what made the wine headlines this year....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2010....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China