GERMANY: Spirits group Underberg keen on co-operation
German spirits group Underberg is reportedly in talks with local players to join forces on purchasing, production and logistics.
The company is eyeing more partnerships after signing a bottling and packaging deal with rival spirits group Hardenberg-Wilthen, the Financial Times Deutschland reported yesterday (8 February).
Underberg head Wilfried Mocken told the paper that Underberg is negotiating with several potential partners and that agreements could be reached by the end of the year.
Underberg officials failed to return requests for comment as just-drinks went to press.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets