GERMANY: Spirits group Underberg keen on co-operation
German spirits group Underberg is reportedly in talks with local players to join forces on purchasing, production and logistics.
The company is eyeing more partnerships after signing a bottling and packaging deal with rival spirits group Hardenberg-Wilthen, the Financial Times Deutschland reported yesterday (8 February).
Underberg head Wilfried Mocken told the paper that Underberg is negotiating with several potential partners and that agreements could be reached by the end of the year.
Underberg officials failed to return requests for comment as just-drinks went to press.
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Molson Coors CEO to retire
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- PepsiCo appoints W Europe, S Africa Tropicana GM