US: Spirits category gains share - again
The spirits category in the US has gained share of the total beverage alcohol market for the fifth year in a row, according to industry figures announced today (22 January).
Market share, on a supplier gross revenues basis, rose to 32.8% last year, up from 32.1% in 2005, the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States, or DISCUS, said.
Gross revenue for spirits producers reached US$17bn last year, up 6.3% on 2005, the DISCUS data showed.
DISCUS said that consumer interest in cocktail culture remains "strong" with drinkers also looking to trade up to super-premium products.
Smirnoff and Johnnie Walker may make Diageo more money, but there is no more iconic brand in its portfolio than Guinness. Nevertheless, speculation continues that Diageo may sell off its main beer bra...
The US-based Eastern European drinks group CEDC has continued its rapid expansion with the acquisition of Russian vodka brand Parliament. While some observers have questioned the move, Patience Gould ...
This week's announcement by UK legislators of the latest plan to tackle alcohol abuse in England is the clearest sign yet that the government is ready to tackle the problem head-on, regardless of the ...
Lower alcohol beverages (LABs) are a growing segment of the drinks market as consumer and government concern over alcohol consumption continues to mount. A new paper from the International Center for ...
Anheuser-Busch has lined up a super-premium natural spring water for distribution in the US....
A drink called 'Stiffys Shots' has fallen foul of a regulatory body in Ireland. 'Feckin Irish Whiskey', however, has been given the all-clear by Mature Enjoyment of Alcohol in Society (MEAS) Ltd....
The Swedish authorities have been hit by another blow in their battle with the European Union over the country's strict alcohol laws....
Southern Wine & Spirits of America is set to expand into the US control state of Ohio....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Piper-Heidsieck agrees three-year Oscars tie-up
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets