SPI Group’s Moskovskaya Silver Vodka - Product Launch
SPI Group’s Moskovskaya Silver
SPI Group's Moskovskaya Silver Vodka
Category - Spirits, vodka, 40% abv
Available - Since this week
Location - The Baltic states, initially in the off-trade only
Price - Not specified, at par or slightly higher that regular Moskovskaya
SPI Group has launched a higher-end expression of its Moskovskaya vodka brand. Moskovskaya Silver, the brand's first extension, has been released in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, ahead of a wider roll-out to other markets later this year.
Available in 50cl and 70cl bottles, Moskovskaya Silver is produced in Latvia by Latvijas Balzams, part of SPI's Amber Beverage Group. The liquid is subject to "new purification technology", which uses charcoal and silver. It is also filtered four times.
"Moskovskaya Vodka is a well-recognised international brand with a global footprint," said Amber CEO Seymour Paul Ferreira. "By launching Moskovskaya Silver, we look forward to enhancing Moskovskaya's market presence and to attracting a broader range of consumers to this unique brand internationally."
Original Moskovskaya is available in around 40 markets.
In late-2014, SPI, which owns the Stolichnaya vodka brand, consolidated its presence in the Baltic states through the creation of Amber as a holding company.
The first ever Moskovskaya line extension in brand history – Moskovskaya Silver– has been produced by Latvijas Balzams, part of Amber Beverage Group. The traditional recipe of Moskovskaya has been enhanced with new purification technology using charcoal and silver purification before being filtered four times.
This technological process ensures the most pristine taste and smoothness in Moskovskaya Silver.
"Moskovskaya Vodka is a well-recognised international brand with a global footprint. We believe that Moskovskaya Silver edition will enhance Moskovskaya market presence and attract a broader range of consumers to this unique brand," said Seymour Ferreira, CEO of Amber Beverage Group.
Moskovskaya Silver edition comes in premium packaging with a new label design and closure, while retaining the recognisable bottle shape of Moskovskaya Vodka.
Moskovskaya Silver will be available in 50cl and 70cl bottles at the launch. Distribution will start with the three Baltic countries in May, to be followed by a launch in other markets later this year.
The rich history of Moskovskaya Vodka, one of most long-standing vodka brands in the market, is closely linked to vodka-making traditions of Latvijas Balzams production facility in Riga, Latvia. The facility was established in 1900 as one of the first warehouses and production facilities of the Russian Empire Spirits Monopoly. For more than a century it has defended the finest traditions of quality, delivering vodka satisfaction in its most authentic form.
Original source: Company Release
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends