AUS: SPI Group switches Stolichnaya distributor
SPI Group has switched distributors for Stolichnaya in a number of regions this year
Luxembourg-based SPI Group announced today (13 March) that it has signed a five-year deal with island2island Beverage Company. The move comes after Russian Standard agreed a five-year deal with Suntory in the country last month, according to local reports.
The new SPI deal with island2island includes rights to distribute Stolichnaya Premium vodka, Stolichnaya Flavoured Premium vodkas, Stolichnaya Gold, and the high-end Elit by Stolichnaya.
A spokesperson for SPI explained the decision for Stolichnaya switching from Suntory to island2island. “There's a conflict there as it (Russian Standard) is a main competitor for Stolichnaya,” she said.
Val Mendeleev, SPI's CEO, added: “The passion and focus of the island2island team complements our continued commitment to invest across on- and off-premise and to develop original, exciting initiatives for our Australian customers.”
Last month, SPI consolidated distribution of its vodka portfolio in the Indian market by signing a deal with Aspri Spirits. Aspri is handling the marketing and distribution for the Stolichnaya Red and Elit brands. Meanwhile, in January, SPI also switched distributors in the Netherlands for Stolichnaya to A Brand New Day Drinks Company.
And, in Ireland at the start of the year, SPI switched distribution for its vodka brand from Cork's Barry & Fitzwilliam Ltd to Findlater Wine and Spirit Group.
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Asahi loses Q1 sales overseas
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends