SPI Group switches CFOs, appoints new Stoli Group CEO
Rob Cullins becomes the new CEO of SPI's Stoli Group, which runs the Stolichnaya vodka brand
SPI Group, the Stolichnaya brand owner and parent of Stoli Group, has announced a change of CFO, and a new CEO for Stoli Group.
The Luxembourg-headquartered holding company said late today that Rene Lek, the CFO of Coca-Cola HBC's Russian operations, will move across to join SPI. Lek, who has also worked for PepsiCo, replaces Sebastiaan Boelen, who is leaving the company after six years “to pursue private interests”.
Meanwhile, John Esposito, who joined the company two years ago, will move from his president position at Stoli Group's US division to the unit's chairman role. Rob Cullins, the international commercial director at Stoli, moves up to become CEO.
Based out of Luxembourg, Cullins will be responsible for Stolichnaya's global sales, marketing and logistics operations. He replaces Val Mendeleev, who has been CEO of both SPI and Stoli for the last six years. Mendeleev will continue as CEO of the parent company, and will become chairman of Stoli.
“In order to facilitate the further organic and corporate development of our group, we are aiming to improve the division of strategic and operational activities of our top management,” said Mendeleev.
A new president for the US division, who will report in to Cullins, will be appointed in the near-future.
Last year, Marco Ferrari left his post as CMO of SPI Group to lead Italian spirits and aperitif maker Montenegro Group. just-drinks spoke to him at the TFWA exhibition in Cannes in October to find out...
SPI Group has said it is disappointed with a US court ruling that could weaken its grip on Stolichnaya vodka's international rights. ...
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends