FRANCE: SPI Group signs Stolichnaya deal with Baron Philippe de Rothschild
SPI has made other changes to its Stolichnaya distribution
SPI Group is distributing its Stolichnaya vodka portfolio in France through Baron Philippe de Rothschild.
The agreement, which started on 1 July, sees Rothschild's French distribution company handle the Stolichnaya, Stolichnaya Gold, Stolichnaya Flavoured and Elit labels, SPI said yesterday (8 July). “We are very pleased to be partnering with Rothschild France Distribution, which will accelerate our growth in France,” Val Mendeleev, CEO of SPI Group, said.
Géraud de la Noue, GM for Baron Philippe de Rothschild France Distribution, said: “This alliance is the result of both companies’ desire to create a stronger presence for Stolichnaya in the French market.”
It is unclear at this time which company was in charge of Stolichnaya distribution in France before Rothschild.
SPI has re-organised a number of its Stolichnaya distribution deals over the past 18 months.
In November, it dropped William Grant & Sons as its US distributor for Stolichnaya and set up its own import company.
To read about other Stolichnaya distribution changes, click here.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Cider/perry sales remain negligible in Uzbekistan due to a lack of awareness of such products and very limited demand....
The final just-drinks management briefing of the year takes a look back at the last 12 months in the global drinks industry. The penultimate chapter in this five-part briefing reviews 2013 for wine....
RTDs/high-strength premixes sales are negligible in Uzbekistan....
The popularity of wine is limited in Uzbekistan, with consumption typically being restricted to certain traditional events such as wedding ceremonies. The main force driving sales is the fact that the...
Spirits sales continue to be boosted by rising consumer living standards – a development which is key considering the recent ban on the advertising of alcoholic drinks. Rising living standards are res...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research