FRANCE: SPI Group signs Stolichnaya deal with Baron Philippe de Rothschild
SPI has made other changes to its Stolichnaya distribution
SPI Group is distributing its Stolichnaya vodka portfolio in France through Baron Philippe de Rothschild.
The agreement, which started on 1 July, sees Rothschild's French distribution company handle the Stolichnaya, Stolichnaya Gold, Stolichnaya Flavoured and Elit labels, SPI said yesterday (8 July). “We are very pleased to be partnering with Rothschild France Distribution, which will accelerate our growth in France,” Val Mendeleev, CEO of SPI Group, said.
Géraud de la Noue, GM for Baron Philippe de Rothschild France Distribution, said: “This alliance is the result of both companies’ desire to create a stronger presence for Stolichnaya in the French market.”
It is unclear at this time which company was in charge of Stolichnaya distribution in France before Rothschild.
SPI has re-organised a number of its Stolichnaya distribution deals over the past 18 months.
In November, it dropped William Grant & Sons as its US distributor for Stolichnaya and set up its own import company.
To read about other Stolichnaya distribution changes, click here.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Cider/perry sales remain negligible in Uzbekistan due to a lack of awareness of such products and very limited demand....
The final just-drinks management briefing of the year takes a look back at the last 12 months in the global drinks industry. The penultimate chapter in this five-part briefing reviews 2013 for wine....
RTDs/high-strength premixes sales are negligible in Uzbekistan....
The popularity of wine is limited in Uzbekistan, with consumption typically being restricted to certain traditional events such as wedding ceremonies. The main force driving sales is the fact that the...
Spirits sales continue to be boosted by rising consumer living standards – a development which is key considering the recent ban on the advertising of alcoholic drinks. Rising living standards are res...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future