FRANCE: SPI Group signs Stolichnaya deal with Baron Philippe de Rothschild
SPI has made other changes to its Stolichnaya distribution
SPI Group is distributing its Stolichnaya vodka portfolio in France through Baron Philippe de Rothschild.
The agreement, which started on 1 July, sees Rothschild's French distribution company handle the Stolichnaya, Stolichnaya Gold, Stolichnaya Flavoured and Elit labels, SPI said yesterday (8 July). “We are very pleased to be partnering with Rothschild France Distribution, which will accelerate our growth in France,” Val Mendeleev, CEO of SPI Group, said.
Géraud de la Noue, GM for Baron Philippe de Rothschild France Distribution, said: “This alliance is the result of both companies’ desire to create a stronger presence for Stolichnaya in the French market.”
It is unclear at this time which company was in charge of Stolichnaya distribution in France before Rothschild.
SPI has re-organised a number of its Stolichnaya distribution deals over the past 18 months.
In November, it dropped William Grant & Sons as its US distributor for Stolichnaya and set up its own import company.
To read about other Stolichnaya distribution changes, click here.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
The final just-drinks management briefing of the year takes a look back at the last 12 months in the global drinks industry. The penultimate chapter in this five-part briefing reviews 2013 for wine....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research