FRANCE: SPI Group signs Stolichnaya deal with Baron Philippe de Rothschild
SPI has made other changes to its Stolichnaya distribution
SPI Group is distributing its Stolichnaya vodka portfolio in France through Baron Philippe de Rothschild.
The agreement, which started on 1 July, sees Rothschild's French distribution company handle the Stolichnaya, Stolichnaya Gold, Stolichnaya Flavoured and Elit labels, SPI said yesterday (8 July). “We are very pleased to be partnering with Rothschild France Distribution, which will accelerate our growth in France,” Val Mendeleev, CEO of SPI Group, said.
Géraud de la Noue, GM for Baron Philippe de Rothschild France Distribution, said: “This alliance is the result of both companies’ desire to create a stronger presence for Stolichnaya in the French market.”
It is unclear at this time which company was in charge of Stolichnaya distribution in France before Rothschild.
SPI has re-organised a number of its Stolichnaya distribution deals over the past 18 months.
In November, it dropped William Grant & Sons as its US distributor for Stolichnaya and set up its own import company.
To read about other Stolichnaya distribution changes, click here.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
The final just-drinks management briefing of the year takes a look back at the last 12 months in the global drinks industry. The penultimate chapter in this five-part briefing reviews 2013 for wine....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research