GREECE: SPI Group renews distribution deal with W S Karoulias
SPI has renewed its Greek distribution deal
SPI Group has extended its distribution deal with W S Karoulias for the Stolichnaya portfolio in Greece.
Karoulias, SPI's partner in the Greek market for the past five years, will continue to handle Stolichnaya vodka, Elit by Stolichnaya and Stoli Red, Karoulias said yesterday (12 September). It is not immediately clear how long the new deal will last.
Karoulias said Stolichnaya is its flagship brand that "continues to perform well" in Greece, despite declines in the overall alcohol market.
London wine merchant Berry Bros & Rudd sold Karoulias to the distributor's managing director, Chris Argyrou, for an undisclosed fee in 2011.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Cider/perry sales remain negligible in Uzbekistan due to a lack of awareness of such products and very limited demand....
The final just-drinks management briefing of the year takes a look back at the last 12 months in the global drinks industry. The penultimate chapter in this five-part briefing reviews 2013 for wine....
RTDs/high-strength premixes sales are negligible in Uzbekistan....
The popularity of wine is limited in Uzbekistan, with consumption typically being restricted to certain traditional events such as wedding ceremonies. The main force driving sales is the fact that the...
Spirits sales continue to be boosted by rising consumer living standards – a development which is key considering the recent ban on the advertising of alcoholic drinks. Rising living standards are res...
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Will Remy come off worse in China Cognac recovery?
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp