LUXEMBOURG: SPI Group quiet on CEDC interest
SPI was eyeing a CEDC takeover
SPI Group has declined to comment on whether it is still interested in buying Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) after CEDC accepted a rescue package from another shareholder.
SPI claimed last week to be in talks with “a few strong financial players” in Russia over a takeover of debt-laden CEDC. However, on Friday any takeover was put in doubt when CEDC agreed to Roust Trading Ltd's US$172m amended exchange offer in return for 85% equity.
Asked if Roust Trading's offer ended SPI's interest in CEDC, a company spokesperson told just-drinks today (11 March): “We have no comment to add.”
Luxembourg-based SPI owns two sets of notes that were launched by CEDC, while Roust Trading, which is owned by Russian Standard owner Roustam Tariko, is also a stakeholder. Roust Trading took over operational control of CEDC late last year in return for $65m in funds.
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review