LUXEMBOURG: SPI Group quiet on CEDC interest
SPI was eyeing a CEDC takeover
SPI Group has declined to comment on whether it is still interested in buying Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) after CEDC accepted a rescue package from another shareholder.
SPI claimed last week to be in talks with “a few strong financial players” in Russia over a takeover of debt-laden CEDC. However, on Friday any takeover was put in doubt when CEDC agreed to Roust Trading Ltd's US$172m amended exchange offer in return for 85% equity.
Asked if Roust Trading's offer ended SPI's interest in CEDC, a company spokesperson told just-drinks today (11 March): “We have no comment to add.”
Luxembourg-based SPI owns two sets of notes that were launched by CEDC, while Roust Trading, which is owned by Russian Standard owner Roustam Tariko, is also a stakeholder. Roust Trading took over operational control of CEDC late last year in return for $65m in funds.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets