LUXEMBOURG: SPI Group quiet on CEDC interest
SPI was eyeing a CEDC takeover
SPI Group has declined to comment on whether it is still interested in buying Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) after CEDC accepted a rescue package from another shareholder.
SPI claimed last week to be in talks with “a few strong financial players” in Russia over a takeover of debt-laden CEDC. However, on Friday any takeover was put in doubt when CEDC agreed to Roust Trading Ltd's US$172m amended exchange offer in return for 85% equity.
Asked if Roust Trading's offer ended SPI's interest in CEDC, a company spokesperson told just-drinks today (11 March): “We have no comment to add.”
Luxembourg-based SPI owns two sets of notes that were launched by CEDC, while Roust Trading, which is owned by Russian Standard owner Roustam Tariko, is also a stakeholder. Roust Trading took over operational control of CEDC late last year in return for $65m in funds.
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research