CHINA: SPI Group moves Stoli distribution from Links Concept to Telford International
The distribution changes just keep on coming for Stolichnaya, this time in China
SPI Group has confirmed another switch of distributor for its Stolichnaya portfolio, this time in China and Hong Kong.
The Luxembourg-based company, which has changed distributors in Australia, India, the Netherlands and Ireland in the last three months, said late yesterday (26 March) that Telford International Co will be the new distributor for the Stolichnaya stable in mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau.
When contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson for SPI said that it will switch from Links Concept, which had handled its distribution in the region since the end of 2009. The spokesperson said SPI is making the change to “further strengthen our depth of distribution”.
The five-year tie-up with Telford covers Stolichnaya Premium vodka, Stolichnaya Flavoured Premium vodkas, Stolichnaya Gold, and the high-end Elit by Stolichnaya.
“It is an exciting time to invest in this key market where the Stolichnaya brand has more than doubled its volumes year-on-year,” said SPI's CEO, Val Mendeleev.
Telford is a family-owned distributor that was formed around 45 years ago.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China