LUXEMBOURG: SPI Group keen to extend global wine presence
SPI Group has announced itself open to acquiring businesses that would boost its global wine portfolio.
The Luxembourg-headquartered company, which owns the Stolichnaya vodka brand, said earlier today (26 September) that it is looking to “further diversify its spirit portfolio through the acquisition of exclusive and premium wineries located throughout the world”. SPI's owner, Russian businessman Yuri Shefler, is handling the hunt for suitable targets.
“We are carefully evaluating multiple opportunities which will allow SPI to enrich its portfolio of jewel wines and develop this part of our company,” said company CEO Val Mendeleev.
Financial details behind the privately-held company's intentions were not disclosed, although SPI said it is evaluating opportunities in California, Spain, Portugal and Chile.
In 2006, SPI Group acquired a stake in the Tenuta dell'Ornellaia, Castelgiocondo and Luce della Vite estates, all part of the Marchesi de'Frescobaldi family holdings. This was followed in 2011 by the purchase of a “significant” stake in Argentine winery Achaval-Ferrer.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Cider/perry sales remain negligible in Uzbekistan due to a lack of awareness of such products and very limited demand....
The final just-drinks management briefing of the year takes a look back at the last 12 months in the global drinks industry. The penultimate chapter in this five-part briefing reviews 2013 for wine....
RTDs/high-strength premixes sales are negligible in Uzbekistan....
The popularity of wine is limited in Uzbekistan, with consumption typically being restricted to certain traditional events such as wedding ceremonies. The main force driving sales is the fact that the...
Spirits sales continue to be boosted by rising consumer living standards – a development which is key considering the recent ban on the advertising of alcoholic drinks. Rising living standards are res...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research