INDIA: SPI Group goes with Aspri Spirits for Stolichnaya in India
Aspri Spirits is handling distribution of SPI Group's Stolichnaya brand in six Indian countries
SPI Group has consolidated distribution of its Stolichnaya vodka portfolio in the Indian market.
The company, which had been using regional distributors since 2008, has confirmed this week that it has teamed with Aspri Spirits in the country. Aspri is handling the marketing and distribution for the Stolichnaya Red and Elit brands.
The Mumbai-based distributor, which also handles brands owned by Gruppo Campari, Distell Group and De Kuypers, started shipping SPI's vodkas to six cities - Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Rajasthan and Chennai – back in September. Chandigarh and Kolkata will follow later this year.
SPI's senior executive team has been in India this week to present the brand to the trade and media in the country.
Prior to 2008, Stolichnaya was handled by Pernod Ricard in India as part of a global distribution tie-up, outside Russia. Following Pernod's acquisition of Vin & Sprit – and its Absolut vodka brand – SPI was forced to look elsewhere for distributors, teaming with the likes of William Grant & Sons in the US, and Corby Distilleries in Canada.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report