INDIA: SPI Group goes with Aspri Spirits for Stolichnaya in India
Aspri Spirits is handling distribution of SPI Group's Stolichnaya brand in six Indian countries
SPI Group has consolidated distribution of its Stolichnaya vodka portfolio in the Indian market.
The company, which had been using regional distributors since 2008, has confirmed this week that it has teamed with Aspri Spirits in the country. Aspri is handling the marketing and distribution for the Stolichnaya Red and Elit brands.
The Mumbai-based distributor, which also handles brands owned by Gruppo Campari, Distell Group and De Kuypers, started shipping SPI's vodkas to six cities - Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Rajasthan and Chennai – back in September. Chandigarh and Kolkata will follow later this year.
SPI's senior executive team has been in India this week to present the brand to the trade and media in the country.
Prior to 2008, Stolichnaya was handled by Pernod Ricard in India as part of a global distribution tie-up, outside Russia. Following Pernod's acquisition of Vin & Sprit – and its Absolut vodka brand – SPI was forced to look elsewhere for distributors, teaming with the likes of William Grant & Sons in the US, and Corby Distilleries in Canada.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts