GLOBAL: SPI Group focuses Stolichnaya on "New Russia"
SPI Group has revamped the packaging of its Stolichnaya vodka brand, in an attempt to move away from the brands "Authenticity" message.
The Russian company, whose distribution outside Russia had been handled by Pernod Ricard up to 2008, said yesterday (25 August) that it will back the revamp with a global advertising campaign, focusing more on what it describes as "New Russia".
The firm said that the packaging update will include a taller bottle with an enhanced label as well as a new closure cap and embossing.
The advertising push is intended to "re-establish and elevate the brand's appeal", and will carry copylines including 'The Wild Wild West Is In The East', 'Everybody Is Someone's Secret' and 'Who Will Be Your Accomplice Tonight'.
The campaign comprises print, billboard, phone kiosk and transit advertising in key cities around the world including New York, San Francisco, Athens, Tel Aviv, Vienna and London.
Andrey Skurikhin, minority shareholder of SPI Group, said: "We have ambitious plans to grow Stolichnaya by 100% in the next four to five years and our dynamic plans reflect that with new partners, new routes to market and significant investment from the group."
The campaign is geared more towards the US market and also comprises global on-trade sampling activity, off-trade added value packs, experimental activity and guerilla marketing, the company said.
Since Pernod's purchase of Vin & Sprit, the owner of the Absolut vodka brand, in April 2008, SPI has secured a raft of distributors for Stolichnaya around the world, most notably in the US with William Grant & Sons. SPI and William Grant have also teamed up for the brand in Australia, New Zealand and Hong Kong.
Pernod Ricard's share price has edged up after a set of resilient half-year results, but it all hangs on the next six months....
Gruppo Campari has announced a global marketing deal between its Skyy Spirits subsidiary and Warner Bros Entertainment....
Mosaiq has appointed "sales representation" for its recently-purchased rum brand, Lemon Hart, in four regions of Canada....
Canada-based drinks group Mosaiq has said it has agreed to acquire global sales and marketing rights to Pernod Ricard rum brand Lemon Hart for an undisclosed sum....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research