UK: SPI Group expands Stoli Hot and Stoli Sticki launch
Stoli Hot is a relaunch of a brand first released in 1962
SPI Group has launched its latest line of flavoured Stolichnaya vodka in the UK.
Unveiled in the US in March, Stoli Hot and Stoli Sticki will hit UK shelves next month, its UK distributor Maxxium announced on Tuesday (14 August). The brands, which celebrate the 50th anniversary of Stoli's first flavoured vodka, come in 70cl bottles and have an SRP of GBP19.02 (US$29.91). The US versions were in 75cl bottles.
They are updated versions of Stolichnaya Pertsovka (Pepper) and Okhotnichya (Honey and Herb), produced by Stolichnaya in 1962.
“Original flavours are an important part of the growth strategy for Stoli within the UK,” said Maxxium UK's marketing controller, Eileen Livingston.
“This is a priority market for SPI Group and reinforcing our heritage as the original flavoured vodka pioneer is key to the development of the brand."
Stolichnaya is at the centre of a long-running dispute between SPI and the Russian government over who owns the brand. Earlier this month, SPI called a Dutch court's ruling in favour of Russia's government "unfounded".
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts