US: SPI Group ends travel retail deal with William Grant & Sons
SPI has changed some of its vodka distribution deals
SPI Group is to hand distribution of its Stolichnaya range in the US travel retail channel to Chase International, further severing ties with current distributor William Grant & Sons.
The new deal, which starts on 1 September, follows SPI's decision last year to drop William Grant as its US distributor for Stolichnaya and set up its own import company. SPI did not respond to questions from just-drinks asking why it has dropped William Grant from its travel retail distribution.
In a statement yesterday (19 August), SPI global commercial director Rob Cullins said: “Chase International has an excellent understanding of the American market. They were a natural choice for us, and we are delighted to be working with them as we build our brands in this strategic marketplace.”
The deal covers the Stolichnaya Premium and Elit by Stolichnaya brands in the channel.
SPI has re-organised a number of its Stolichnaya distribution deals over the past 18 months.
To read about Stolichnaya distribution changes, click here.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
The final just-drinks management briefing of the year takes a look back at the last 12 months in the global drinks industry. The penultimate chapter in this five-part briefing reviews 2013 for wine....
SPI Group has confirmed the appointment of Southern Wine & Spirits of America as the distributor of its vodka portfolio in six more US states....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- Sapporo’s Sapporo Premium Black - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages