US: SPI Group ends travel retail deal with William Grant & Sons
SPI has changed some of its vodka distribution deals
The new deal, which starts on 1 September, follows SPI's decision last year to drop William Grant as its US distributor for Stolichnaya and set up its own import company. SPI did not respond to questions from just-drinks asking why it has dropped William Grant from its travel retail distribution.
In a statement yesterday (19 August), SPI global commercial director Rob Cullins said: “Chase International has an excellent understanding of the American market. They were a natural choice for us, and we are delighted to be working with them as we build our brands in this strategic marketplace.”
The deal covers the Stolichnaya Premium and Elit by Stolichnaya brands in the channel.
SPI has re-organised a number of its Stolichnaya distribution deals over the past 18 months.
To read about Stolichnaya distribution changes, click here.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Cider/perry sales remain negligible in Uzbekistan due to a lack of awareness of such products and very limited demand....
The final just-drinks management briefing of the year takes a look back at the last 12 months in the global drinks industry. The penultimate chapter in this five-part briefing reviews 2013 for wine....
RTDs/high-strength premixes sales are negligible in Uzbekistan....
SPI Group has confirmed the appointment of Southern Wine & Spirits of America as the distributor of its vodka portfolio in six more US states....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Are Big Spirits Companies Failing to Innovate?
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Suntory sells Louis Royer Cognac for US$110m
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research