US: SPI Group ends travel retail deal with William Grant & Sons
SPI has changed some of its vodka distribution deals
SPI Group is to hand distribution of its Stolichnaya range in the US travel retail channel to Chase International, further severing ties with current distributor William Grant & Sons.
The new deal, which starts on 1 September, follows SPI's decision last year to drop William Grant as its US distributor for Stolichnaya and set up its own import company. SPI did not respond to questions from just-drinks asking why it has dropped William Grant from its travel retail distribution.
In a statement yesterday (19 August), SPI global commercial director Rob Cullins said: “Chase International has an excellent understanding of the American market. They were a natural choice for us, and we are delighted to be working with them as we build our brands in this strategic marketplace.”
The deal covers the Stolichnaya Premium and Elit by Stolichnaya brands in the channel.
SPI has re-organised a number of its Stolichnaya distribution deals over the past 18 months.
To read about Stolichnaya distribution changes, click here.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Cider/perry sales remain negligible in Uzbekistan due to a lack of awareness of such products and very limited demand....
The final just-drinks management briefing of the year takes a look back at the last 12 months in the global drinks industry. The penultimate chapter in this five-part briefing reviews 2013 for wine....
RTDs/high-strength premixes sales are negligible in Uzbekistan....
In 2012 the company succeeded in the major challenge of rebuilding the reputation that was damaged at the end of its contract with Pernod Ricard Groupe. In the same year the company began to market an...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review