SPI Group appoints wine head, launches wine division in US
SPI Group has appointed a CEO for its new wine division
SPI Group has appointed Manuel Louzada as CEO of its newly-created wine division. The company created the wine division following the acquisition of Spain's Arinzano Winery last month.
From this month, SPI Group USA will be the exclusive distributor of Arinzano, along with Achaval-Ferrer, in the US.
Louzada will oversee Arínzano and Achaval-Ferrer, and Italian estates Tenuta dell’Ornellaia, Castelgiocondo and Luce della Vite, a joint-venture with Marchesi de’Frescobaldi and Michael Mondavi.
Patrick Piana, CEO of Stoli Group USA, said: "We are inspired by our success with Achaval-Ferrer in the US to continue to build a singular portfolio of fine wine estates."
Louzada was most recently estate director of Bodega Numanthia, a Moët Hennessy property based in DO Toro, Spain.
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- AB InBev launches Budweiser Uber tie-up in UK