US: SPI Group appoints new Travel Retail chief
SPI is strengthening its North American unit
SPI Group has appointed a director for its North American Travel Retail unit.
John Karem took on the newly-created role on Friday, a spokesperson for SPI told just-drinks today (5 November). Karem is based in Miami and reports directly to SPI's global travel retail director, Jean-Philippe Aucher.
Karem joined SPI from beverage firm Bibo Mundi, where he was charged with identifying M&A opportunities. Prior to that, he was director of global business development at Phillips Distilling Company and VP of brand development at Liquidity LLC, the creator of Pinky Vodka.
“John’s expertise in the travel retail space and spirits industry savvy, coupled with his extensive background in global business development and sales management will be a huge asset to our expanding duty free sector in North America,” Aucher said.
Last month, SPI's chief marketing officer told just-drinks that a boycott of Russian vodka by the gay community had “minimal” impact on its Stolichnaya brand.
Cider/perry sales remain negligible in Uzbekistan due to a lack of awareness of such products and very limited demand....
RTDs/high-strength premixes sales are negligible in Uzbekistan....
SPI Group has confirmed the appointment of Southern Wine & Spirits of America as the distributor of its vodka portfolio in six more US states....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets