US: SPI Group appoints ex-Bacardi exec for new US chief role
SPI Group will set up its own import company in the US in time for next year
SPI Group has coaxed the former head of Bacardi’s North American operations out of retirement to lead its US unit.
John Esposito, who retired in 2011, will start as president of SPI’s US division from Monday, the Stolichnaya owner said late yesterday (24 January). When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for SPI confirmed that the US president position has been newly created following the firm’s decision last year to drop William Grant & Sons as its US distributor and set up its own import company.
“John will initially work closely with William Grant & Sons … to ensure a smooth transition of the brand,” the spokesperson said.
Prior to his time with Bacardi, which he joined in 2006, Esposito held the posts of CEO at Moët Hennessy USA, president at Schieffelin & Somerset and president of Premier Beverage in Florida.
SPI will start to manage its US portfolio directly at the beginning of next year.
In a recently-published global briefing 'Diageo in Spirits', Euromonitor International's senior alcoholic drinks analyst Jeremy Cunnington takes a look at what are the challenges facing Diageo in spi...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...
Glazer's has raised its profile in Tennessee through the purchase of another distributor in the state....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research