US: SPI Group appoints ex-Bacardi exec for new US chief role
SPI Group will set up its own import company in the US in time for next year
SPI Group has coaxed the former head of Bacardi’s North American operations out of retirement to lead its US unit.
John Esposito, who retired in 2011, will start as president of SPI’s US division from Monday, the Stolichnaya owner said late yesterday (24 January). When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for SPI confirmed that the US president position has been newly created following the firm’s decision last year to drop William Grant & Sons as its US distributor and set up its own import company.
“John will initially work closely with William Grant & Sons … to ensure a smooth transition of the brand,” the spokesperson said.
Prior to his time with Bacardi, which he joined in 2006, Esposito held the posts of CEO at Moët Hennessy USA, president at Schieffelin & Somerset and president of Premier Beverage in Florida.
SPI will start to manage its US portfolio directly at the beginning of next year.
In a recently-published global briefing 'Diageo in Spirits', Euromonitor International's senior alcoholic drinks analyst Jeremy Cunnington takes a look at what are the challenges facing Diageo in spi...
Glazer's has raised its profile in Tennessee through the purchase of another distributor in the state....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends