LUX/ARGENTINA: SPI Group appoints Achaval Ferrer CFO
SPI Group has recruited the CFO of Argentina's Familia Schroeder Winery to assume the same role at its Achaval Ferrer wine company in the country.
Luxembourg-based SPI, which bought a majority stake in Achaval Ferrer in 2011, confirmed that Alejandro Rivara will move from Schroeder in Patagonia to Achaval Ferrer in Mendoza. No-one was available to confirm to just-drinks today (16 October) who Rivara is replacing in the role, or if the position is a newly-created one.
"Alejandro’s previous financial management experience and deep-seeded knowledge of the wine industry will be precious to growing our business within key markets both regionally and globally.” said SPI's CEO, Val Mendeleev. “I am very happy to welcome Alejandro to the group."
Late last month, SPI, which owns the Stolichnaya vodka brand, announced its intention to grow its wine portfolio. It also holds a stake in the Tenuta dell'Ornellaia, Castelgiocondo and Luce della Vite estates, which are all part of the Marchesi de'Frescobaldi family holdings.
SPI Group has confirmed the appointment of Southern Wine & Spirits of America as the distributor of its vodka portfolio in six more US states....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research