LUX/ARGENTINA: SPI Group appoints Achaval Ferrer CFO
SPI Group has recruited the CFO of Argentina's Familia Schroeder Winery to assume the same role at its Achaval Ferrer wine company in the country.
Luxembourg-based SPI, which bought a majority stake in Achaval Ferrer in 2011, confirmed that Alejandro Rivara will move from Schroeder in Patagonia to Achaval Ferrer in Mendoza. No-one was available to confirm to just-drinks today (16 October) who Rivara is replacing in the role, or if the position is a newly-created one.
"Alejandro’s previous financial management experience and deep-seeded knowledge of the wine industry will be precious to growing our business within key markets both regionally and globally.” said SPI's CEO, Val Mendeleev. “I am very happy to welcome Alejandro to the group."
Late last month, SPI, which owns the Stolichnaya vodka brand, announced its intention to grow its wine portfolio. It also holds a stake in the Tenuta dell'Ornellaia, Castelgiocondo and Luce della Vite estates, which are all part of the Marchesi de'Frescobaldi family holdings.
The Future of the Wine Market in Argentina to 2017
The report presents detailed data on the Wine consumption trends in Argentina, providing historic and forecast consumption volume and value at market and category level, alcoholic strength (Fortified ...read more
Cider/perry sales remain negligible in Uzbekistan due to a lack of awareness of such products and very limited demand....
RTDs/high-strength premixes sales are negligible in Uzbekistan....
SPI Group has confirmed the appointment of Southern Wine & Spirits of America as the distributor of its vodka portfolio in six more US states....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research