LUX/ARGENTINA: SPI Group appoints Achaval Ferrer CFO
SPI Group has recruited the CFO of Argentina's Familia Schroeder Winery to assume the same role at its Achaval Ferrer wine company in the country.
Luxembourg-based SPI, which bought a majority stake in Achaval Ferrer in 2011, confirmed that Alejandro Rivara will move from Schroeder in Patagonia to Achaval Ferrer in Mendoza. No-one was available to confirm to just-drinks today (16 October) who Rivara is replacing in the role, or if the position is a newly-created one.
"Alejandro’s previous financial management experience and deep-seeded knowledge of the wine industry will be precious to growing our business within key markets both regionally and globally.” said SPI's CEO, Val Mendeleev. “I am very happy to welcome Alejandro to the group."
Late last month, SPI, which owns the Stolichnaya vodka brand, announced its intention to grow its wine portfolio. It also holds a stake in the Tenuta dell'Ornellaia, Castelgiocondo and Luce della Vite estates, which are all part of the Marchesi de'Frescobaldi family holdings.
The Future of the Wine Market in Argentina to 2017
The report presents detailed data on the Wine consumption trends in Argentina, providing historic and forecast consumption volume and value at market and category level, alcoholic strength (Fortified ...read more
Cider/perry sales remain negligible in Uzbekistan due to a lack of awareness of such products and very limited demand....
RTDs/high-strength premixes sales are negligible in Uzbekistan....
In 2012 the company succeeded in the major challenge of rebuilding the reputation that was damaged at the end of its contract with Pernod Ricard Groupe. In the same year the company began to market an...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report