SPI Group announces first pack update for Stolichnaya
The new-look Stolichnaya bottle will roll out globally in the coming weeks
SPI Group has unveiled a new bottle design for Stolichnaya, the first update since the vodka brand's creation around 80 years ago.
In an effort to “contemporise the brand for the Millennial audience”, Stolichnaya now has a taller bottle shape featuring an embossed 'Stoli' logo on the neck, promising improved pouring and control for bartenders. The company said the new look, which will roll out globally, delivered improved stand-out for customers at point of purchase, with flavours now colour-coded on the neck to aid on-shelf identification.
The new pack, revealed at the 2015 TFWA World Exhibition & Conference in Cannes, also highlights Stoli’s “Certified Alpha Grade” spirit, the highest quality level available.
“Any well-known brand of status and longevity should regularly update packaging to stay relevant to modern design trends and consumer tastes,” said Lori Tieszen, chief marketing officer at SPI's Stoli Group USA division. “In redesigning our packaging, we sought input from some of the world’s top bartenders to ensure that the bottle was not only aesthetically pleasing, but included practical enhancements for our partners within the trade.”
Earlier this month, Stoli Group USA signed a “multi-year agreement” with Louisiana Spirits to be national distributor of its Bayou Rum portfolio in the US.
Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
This report forecasts that the global vodka category will return to growth, expecting sales to peak at just over 500m cases in 2016, before undergoing a "slight downward correction". In retail value t...read more
SPI Group has handed a Travel Retail launch to its gluten-free Stolichnaya a few months after the vodka debuted in the domestic US channel....
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- AB InBev launches Budweiser Uber tie-up in UK