US: SPI appeals to Congress in Stoli battle
Lawyers representing the Russian vodka company Soyuzplodimport (SPI) are to appeal to the US Congress sub committee on trade today in regards to its battle with the Russian government for the trademark right to the world's largest vodka Stolichnaya. Richard Edlin a partner in the law firm Greenberg Traurig and counsel to SPI will call on Congress to deny the Russian state "normalization of trade," until it "is willing to be a reliable member of the world economic community, and that it is willing to respect internationally accepted principles of free trade, free markets, and private enterprise free from government persecution."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends