US: SPI appeals to Congress in Stoli battle
Lawyers representing the Russian vodka company Soyuzplodimport (SPI) are to appeal to the US Congress sub committee on trade today in regards to its battle with the Russian government for the trademark right to the world's largest vodka Stolichnaya. Richard Edlin a partner in the law firm Greenberg Traurig and counsel to SPI will call on Congress to deny the Russian state "normalization of trade," until it "is willing to be a reliable member of the world economic community, and that it is willing to respect internationally accepted principles of free trade, free markets, and private enterprise free from government persecution."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends