SWEDEN: Spendrups sees profits rise in year so far
Spendrups has registered an increase in net profit for the first nine months of this year.
The Swedish brewer and distributor said earlier this week that net profit for the year to the end of September was up to SEK58m (US$9m) from SEK54m in the corresponding period a year earlier. Sales excluding beverage tax rose to nearly SEK1.8bn, up 9% from last year, the company said.
Spendrups has gained marketshare during the year and now has a 28.7% share of the Swedish market for beer and 11.2% of the Swedish market for soft drinks, according to local reports.
In August, US-based winery E&J Gallo switched from Vin & Sprit to Spendrups Vin to import and distribute its brands in Sweden.
Having seen Chile blaze a trail in export markets, Argentina is now asserting itself in the international wine market. Moreover, writes Chris Losh, while Argentina boasts many of the same positive att...
Pernod Ricard has promoted Jim Evans to the role of senior vice president of sales in the US....
E&J Gallo has signed a contract with Tejon Ranch Co. for the production of a further 300 acres of wine grapes....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends