DENMARK: Speculation over Carlsberg CEO decision to quit
The chief executive of Carlsberg Breweries A/S Flemming Lindelov stepped down this week amid speculation by industry analysts that he was driven by pressure from the brewer's Norwegian partner Orkla ASA. According to a report by the Asian Wall Street Journal some analysts have said that Orkla's impatience with Lindeloev as well as their aspiration to have a larger say in the joint venture, which it set up with Carlsberg in May 2000 (with Carlsberg retaining 60% ownership and Orkla 40%) may have caused his decision to quit.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends