SPAIN: Spanish Wine Group eyes expansion
Wine exporting network Spanish Wine Group (SWD) hopes to sell 8m bottles of wine in 2008 and tap new markets in Europe, Asia and the US.
A company spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks today (4 July) that SWD - made up of six major wineries - would open subsidiaries in Puerto Rico, the US and China this year. SWD has recently set up a subsidiary in Germany.
The spokesperson said SWD wanted to enter 35 countries in the medium term, up from 20 now. The company has a strong presence on the West Coast of the US, in Puerto Rico and south-west Europe, she added.
SWD will sell 23 labels from seven denominations, the top of which include Rioja label Entrecepas and Absum, a Somontano label made by Bodegas Irius.
The group's winery partners, including Palacio de Villachica, Montalvo Wilmot and Bodegas Briego, have invested EUR120m (US$153.5m) since 2003 to improve the wineries' production and expand their facilities, according to reports.
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research