SPAIN: Spanish wine exports on the rise in 2008 - figures
Spanish wine exports between January and September last year were up 12.7% by value and 14.8% by volume, according to figures from the Central Board for Duties and Special Taxes.
Analysed by the Spanish Wine Market Supervisory Board (OEMV), the figures revealed exports reached EUR1.4bn (US$1.8bn) and 1.28bn litres.
In terms of value, the increase of almost 13% is equivalent to EUR162m more than in the first nine months of 2007, the trade body said yesterday (5 February).
While Spanish sparkling wines and cavas delivered a 36.6% leap in exports, reaching around EUR293m, bulk table wines increased 32.3%, driven by a 61% increase in white wine exports.
In September, Spain exported 166m litres more than in the same month in 2007 driven by a 20% increase in bulk table wines. Bottled table wine also increased sales by 22.7%.
The analysis revealed that Germany is still Spain's principle customer by value, with a year-on-year increase of 13% and 4% by volume.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review