RUSSIA: Soyuz-Victan targets US vodka market
Ukrainian distiller Soyuz-Victan will launch its flagship SV Supreme vodka brand in the US market this autumn.
The group, which has produced alcoholic beverages in the Ukraine and Russia since 1994, has created a new company called Soyuz-Victan USA to oversee the importing, sales and marketing of products in the country. It will be led by Soyuz's general director for US, Mark McKethan, a former vice president of sales at Allied Domecq.
"Our critical relationships have been established and the wheels are in motion for an exciting and successful launch. Now, we can focus our attention on marketing and sales initiatives that will create a buzz for SV Supreme vodka among our trade partners and consumers alike," said McKethan.
Soyuz has signed advertising, public relations and trade marketing groups in the US as it bids to penetrate the country's vodka market.
Soyuz-Victan's export director Yaroslav Bondarenko added: "US consumers are not only drinking vodka, but they are looking for the next new brand. We have a great tasting, super-premium vodka that offers the perfect mix of superior quality, versatility and authentic Russian heritage."
Drinks Americas Holdings has lined up a range of Italian wines for the US....
Drinks Americas Holdings has brought forward the launch of its super-premium vodka Trump in the state of Illinois....
Blavod Extreme Spirits has posted a sound set of first-half results with a leap in sales helping to narrow losses....
India's UB Group looks to be closing in on the acquisition of UK spirits group Whyte & Mackay after months of negotiations....
Polmos Lublin has warned that its profits for this year will come in below its initial forecasts....
Russian Standard has snapped up the Internet domain name vodka.com for US$3m....
The Swedish government has confirmed that it is planning to sell off V&S Group, the owner of Absolut vodka. The centre-right government, which came to power in September, officially announced today (1...
V&S Group looks ready to close a production site in Sweden as it looks to cut costs throughout its business in the Nordic region....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends