US: Soyuz Victan farms out S&D in US
Soyuz Victan has announced plans to outsource sales and distribution for its Silk vodka brand in the US.
The Ukraine-based company said yesterday (30 January) that Compass Brands will handle sales and distribution in the country, starting from today. Soyuz Victan USA had previously handled sales and distribution out of its headquarters in New Jersey.
"Compass Brands is a perfect-fit for the revised market strategy of Silk Vodka in the US, which provides for strengthening of trade marketing and distribution efforts as well as increasing Silk's presence in the market," said Compass Brand's president, David Stringfellow. "Compass Brands focuses on the synergies of super premium brands in various categories, and Silk Vodka is a BTI Gold Medal winning product that has already shown tremendous signs of success."
Mark McKethan, Soyuz Victan USA's president, added: "By outsourcing sales and distribution to our partner Compass Brands, we can focus on aggressively marketing Silk Vodka in the US. Through its experienced leadership in the three-tier system Compass Brands is uniquely situated to contribute to the long term success of Silk Vodka in the US market."
Silk Vodka was launched in the US in late-2006, and saw sales in its first year hit 20,000 cases in the country. The vodka brand is available in 32 states across the US.
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Castle Brands has secured 'going concern' status, as it continues its hunt for transactions to secure its future....
Pernod Ricard has hinted it may sell off more spirits brands following its successful takeover of Absolut vodka owner Vin & Sprit....
Pernod Ricard has announced it has completed its €5.69bn acquisition of Absolut vodka owner Vin & Sprit, after receiving the green light from EU competition authorities....
The Absolut Spirits Company has launched a limited edition, "city-inspired" Absolut Vodka flavour....
Russian Standard Vodka has launched its Standard Original brand in Taiwan....
French wine and spirit company Belvédère has been placed in judicial protection and is now exempt from debt repayment for six to 12 months....
Russian Standard is rolling out a cinema advertising campaign in the UK as part of a GBP8m (US$15.9m) marketing investment in its vodka brands....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research