UKRAINE: Soyuz-Victan acquires local distiller
Ukrainian vodka producer Soyuz-Victan has snapped up local distiller and distributor Knyazhiy Grad for an undisclosed sum.
Soyuz-Victan said the acquisition would help it achieve its target of doubling its volumes this year to 20m cases.
Knyazhiy Grad's leading vodka brand Mernaya sells 1.3m cases a year. Soyuz-Victan's two main brands, SV and Medoff, sell 6.5m and 3.4m cases annually.
Knyazhiy Grad will continue to produce its stable of vodkas and plans a raft of wine and brandy launches in the Ukraine in the coming months this year, Soyuz-Victan said yesterday (27 April).
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018