UKRAINE: Soyuz-Victan acquires local distiller
Ukrainian vodka producer Soyuz-Victan has snapped up local distiller and distributor Knyazhiy Grad for an undisclosed sum.
Soyuz-Victan said the acquisition would help it achieve its target of doubling its volumes this year to 20m cases.
Knyazhiy Grad's leading vodka brand Mernaya sells 1.3m cases a year. Soyuz-Victan's two main brands, SV and Medoff, sell 6.5m and 3.4m cases annually.
Knyazhiy Grad will continue to produce its stable of vodkas and plans a raft of wine and brandy launches in the Ukraine in the coming months this year, Soyuz-Victan said yesterday (27 April).
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets