UKRAINE: Soyuz-Victan acquires local distiller
Ukrainian vodka producer Soyuz-Victan has snapped up local distiller and distributor Knyazhiy Grad for an undisclosed sum.
Soyuz-Victan said the acquisition would help it achieve its target of doubling its volumes this year to 20m cases.
Knyazhiy Grad's leading vodka brand Mernaya sells 1.3m cases a year. Soyuz-Victan's two main brands, SV and Medoff, sell 6.5m and 3.4m cases annually.
Knyazhiy Grad will continue to produce its stable of vodkas and plans a raft of wine and brandy launches in the Ukraine in the coming months this year, Soyuz-Victan said yesterday (27 April).
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts