US: Southern Wine & Spirits to buy World Class Wines
Southern Wine & Spirits of America expands fine wine business
Southern Wine & Spirits of America plans to step up its presence in fine wine distribution by acquiring World Class Wines for an undisclosed fee.
Southern Wine & Spirits (SWS) said yesterday (9 November) that it intends to acquire Minnesota-based World Class Wines and will use the business to spearhead a move into fine wine in the US state. SWS operates a fine wine distribution joint venture with JJ Taylor Distributing Co in Minnesota.
"World Class Wines will be the initial step in building our fine wine business in the state," said SWS president and COO Wayne Chaplin. "SWS is honoUred to represent this tremendous group of suppliers from around the world."
Marty Ullman, founder and president of World Class Wines, said: "The move to join SWS' venture in Minnesota will give the World Class Wines’ division the resources to carry our vision forward in service of Minnesota’s fine wine accounts and of the suppliers in our portfolio."
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban