US: Southern Wine & Spirits of America to buy control of Odom Corp JV
Southern Wine & Spirits of America has agreed to buy Odom Corp out of the two companies' distribution joint-venture.
The deal ends three years of co-operation between the two firms in the US Pacific Northwest region. It is expected to close by the end of February, said Southern Wine & Spirits of America (SWS) today (19 January), without disclosing financial details.
The move comes as SWS prepares to open a 350,000-square-foot distribution centre in the state of Washington. It is set to open on 1 March.
Following the buyout, SWS’s Pacific Northwest headquarters will be located in Kirkland, Washington. Meanwhile, Odom will remain in its existing Bellevue, Washington headquarters where it will focus on its beer, soft drink and non-alcoholic beverage business in the Northwest and Alaska.
Odom has agreed to continue partnering SWS in Alaska and will provide "back of the house" support in the Pacific Northwest generally. It did not give specific details.
Wine and spirits marketer WJ Deutsch & Sons has confirmed that it will partner with Southern Wine & Spirits to distribute its portfolio in the US state of Minnesota....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future