US: Southern Wine & Spirits of America to buy control of Odom Corp JV
Southern Wine & Spirits of America has agreed to buy Odom Corp out of the two companies' distribution joint-venture.
The deal ends three years of co-operation between the two firms in the US Pacific Northwest region. It is expected to close by the end of February, said Southern Wine & Spirits of America (SWS) today (19 January), without disclosing financial details.
The move comes as SWS prepares to open a 350,000-square-foot distribution centre in the state of Washington. It is set to open on 1 March.
Following the buyout, SWS’s Pacific Northwest headquarters will be located in Kirkland, Washington. Meanwhile, Odom will remain in its existing Bellevue, Washington headquarters where it will focus on its beer, soft drink and non-alcoholic beverage business in the Northwest and Alaska.
Odom has agreed to continue partnering SWS in Alaska and will provide "back of the house" support in the Pacific Northwest generally. It did not give specific details.
Wine and spirits marketer WJ Deutsch & Sons has confirmed that it will partner with Southern Wine & Spirits to distribute its portfolio in the US state of Minnesota....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK