US: Southern Wine & Spirits of America expands Fine Wine team
Southern Wine & Spirits has promoted Jim Allen
Southern Wine & Spirits of America has confirmed the appointment of a senior VP in the fine wines division of its Californian unit.
The nation-wide wine and spirits distributor said late yesterday (13 December) that Jim Allen will fill the newly-created role.
Allen has been with Southern for 32 years, most recently serving as executive VP of wines for the Southern-Odom/Spirits West joint venture in the Pacific north-west. He will report directly to Mel Dick, senior VP & president of Southern's Wine Division, and Jack Brennan, executive VP and general manager of Southern Wine & Spirits of California.
He will be charged with “looking for opportunities to enhance and grow existing relationships with our ... fine wine suppliers in California while also looking to add select new suppliers to our portfolio”, the company said.
His promotion takes effect from 1 January.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets