US: Southern Wine & Spirits of America deepens TY KU Premium Saké & Spirits link-up
SWSA will promote the sake label
Southern Wine & Spirits of America (SWSA) has extended its distribution deal with TY KU Premium Saké & Spirits.
The agreement, effective from yesterday (25 March), sees SWSA distribute TY KU's whole portfolio in 25 US markets, the distributor said. SWSA distributes TY KU's spirits range in a further nine states.
An SWSA spokesperson said: “Through our expanded relationship with TY KU Premium Saké & Spirits, we are working closely together to promote TY KU's portfolio of saké and low-calorie Asian spirits brands among our customer base.”
Last month TY KU launched its first national television advertising campaign for its saké brand. The ad, which can be seen below, features singer CeeLo Green.
Also last month, reports said Japan saw exports of saké and beer rise for the third year in a row in 2012, with the US remaining the biggest importer.
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch