US: Southern Wine & Spirits of America deepens TY KU Premium Saké & Spirits link-up
SWSA will promote the sake label
Southern Wine & Spirits of America (SWSA) has extended its distribution deal with TY KU Premium Saké & Spirits.
The agreement, effective from yesterday (25 March), sees SWSA distribute TY KU's whole portfolio in 25 US markets, the distributor said. SWSA distributes TY KU's spirits range in a further nine states.
An SWSA spokesperson said: “Through our expanded relationship with TY KU Premium Saké & Spirits, we are working closely together to promote TY KU's portfolio of saké and low-calorie Asian spirits brands among our customer base.”
Last month TY KU launched its first national television advertising campaign for its saké brand. The ad, which can be seen below, features singer CeeLo Green.
Also last month, reports said Japan saw exports of saké and beer rise for the third year in a row in 2012, with the US remaining the biggest importer.
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Asahi loses Q1 sales overseas
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends