US: Southern Wine & Spirits of America appoints procurement director
US distributor Southern Wine & Spirits of America has appointed a former Bacardi executive in a bid to bolster its supply chain.
Sami Salman took on the newly-created senior director of procurement role on Monday, Southern Wine & Spirits said yesterday (30 January). He joins Southern's supply chain management team and will report to VP of demand planning and logistics Mel Velez.
Salman was previously VP, operations USA and supply chain director, America, for Bacardi, where he worked for ten years.
In his new role he will “enhance and expand” partnerships with Southern's suppliers, the company said.
In August, the group appointed a sales head for its Minnesota unit.
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research