US: Southern Wine & Spirits, Glazer's Distributors retain consulting firm
Southern Wine & Spirits of America and Glazer's Distributors have retained their management consulting firm as they approach completion of their joint venture in the US.
The two drinks distributors, which last August announced a JV in the centre of the country, said yesterday (23 April) that A.T. Kearney Inc, based in Chicago, Illinos, will continue in its current role.
"We are pleased to have been selected as Southern and Glazer's consulting partner, and will utilise our cross-industry and cross-functional expertise to bring to bear best-in-class practices to this strategic joint venture," said James Morehouse, senior vice president at A.T. Kearney. "We see this strategic joint venture as having great potential to drive synergies and to create efficiencies for customers and suppliers."
Southern and Glazer's said that they are continuing to work toward the close of the strategic joint venture once legal and regulatory issues have been cleared.
While Southern operates in 29 US states, and Glazer's works in 11, the arrangement between the two will see an overlap in just three states, Arizona, Mississippi and Ohio.
Southern Wine & Spirits has made a number of senior appointments in a bid to strengthen its wine management team....
Southern Wine & Spirits of America and Glazer's Distributors have abandoned their proposed distribution venture....
Moet Hennessy USA has renewed its agreement with Southern Wine & Spirits of America for the distribution of its brands....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research