US: Southern Wine & Spirits, Glazer's Distributors retain consulting firm
Southern Wine & Spirits of America and Glazer's Distributors have retained their management consulting firm as they approach completion of their joint venture in the US.
The two drinks distributors, which last August announced a JV in the centre of the country, said yesterday (23 April) that A.T. Kearney Inc, based in Chicago, Illinos, will continue in its current role.
"We are pleased to have been selected as Southern and Glazer's consulting partner, and will utilise our cross-industry and cross-functional expertise to bring to bear best-in-class practices to this strategic joint venture," said James Morehouse, senior vice president at A.T. Kearney. "We see this strategic joint venture as having great potential to drive synergies and to create efficiencies for customers and suppliers."
Southern and Glazer's said that they are continuing to work toward the close of the strategic joint venture once legal and regulatory issues have been cleared.
While Southern operates in 29 US states, and Glazer's works in 11, the arrangement between the two will see an overlap in just three states, Arizona, Mississippi and Ohio.
Southern Wine & Spirits has made a number of senior appointments in a bid to strengthen its wine management team....
Southern Wine & Spirits of America and Glazer's Distributors have abandoned their proposed distribution venture....
Moet Hennessy USA has renewed its agreement with Southern Wine & Spirits of America for the distribution of its brands....
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends