US: Southern Wine & Spirits gains Indiana permit
Southern Wine & Spirits of America has secured the right to operate in the US state of Indiana.
The wine and spirits distributor aid earlier this week that its subsidiary in the state has obtained a wholesaler's permit for Indiana. This follows the approval of Southern's application by the Indiana Alcoholic & Tobacco Commission (IATC).
"We are extremely pleased about the prospect of establishing operations in Indiana, where we see many opportunities to extend our industry-leading sales and market capabilities and operational efficiencies," said Southern's chairman and CEO, Harvey Chaplin. "We look forward to serving Indiana's licensees — as well as all of the future supplier partners who will join us there."
Earlier this year, Southern abandoned its proposed distribution venture with Glazer's Distributors in the US. The two firms terminated discussions due to "the sheer complexity of the transaction".
Southern Wine & Spirits of America has appointed Gerald P. Rivero, Jr as the executive vice president, general manager of the company's emerging statewide operation in Indiana. Rivero's appointment is...
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends