US: Southern Wine & Spirits enters Delaware and Ohio
Southern Wine & Spirits of America has announced the establishment of Southern Wine & Spirits of Delaware and the acquisition of Postiy Wine & Spirits of Ohio.
The company said yesterday (8 January) that the creation of the Delaware division is the result of acquiring former Delaware Importers LLC of New Castle, whereas the Ohio acquisition is primarily to add value to the company's brokerage business in Ohio following the recent acquisition of Paramount Wine & Spirits' Brokerage operations.
Southern's president and CEO Wayne Chaplin said: "The Delaware acquisition solidifies our position as one of the major players in the northeast corridor of the US, a region where we feel there is still strong opportunity for future growth. All told, this latest news brings Southern Wines & Spirits of America's coverage to a total of 29 states. These states represent 68% of the total wine and spirits business in the US"
Southern's executive vice president and general manager Brad Vassar said: "The team we have in place represents an unbeatable group of talented executives who will no doubt fully leverage our company-wide resources and best practices. The result of their efforts will be the delivery of the highest levels of service to all of our supplier partners and customers across the state."
Southern Wine & Spirits of Pennsylvania executive vice president and general manager Steven Dick will take on the same role at the company's Delaware unit, while Brad Waxman will replace him in Pennsylvania, the company said.
Dick, a 22-year veteran of the company who previously worked in its Florida operation as general sales managerin the wine division as well as for the former Seagram Chateau & Estate Wines Co. as vice president, southern division manager added: "Based on my diverse experiences both in Pennsylvania and Florida with Southern and, prior to that with Seagram Chateau & Estate Wines Co., I have managed an extensive portfolio of different wine and spirits brands, gained expertise in operations as well as in a wide variety of product categories, and developed proven skills in successfully motivating a diverse and aggressive sales force - all of which will be indispensable to our lasting success in Delaware."
For the Ohio acquisition, Robinson Cooper has been appointed vice president, general manager of Southern Wine & Spirits of Ohio.
Southern's executive vice president, general manager - control states division, Peter Hickey, added: "Following the news of our entry into Ohio earlier this year with the acquisition of Paramount Distillers Brokerage operations and recognising the strength of both individual sales organisations, we are extremely confident about the prospects and opportunities of working in Ohio and we are more prepared than ever to grow market share for all our Ohio supplier partners."
Castle Brands has posted a sharp rise in net losses, despite a slight lift in sales in its latest fiscal year....
Chilean wine brand, Casillero del Diablo, has "exclusive" wine sponsorship of the annual Summer Proms & Smooth concerts series, taking place at castles and stately homes around the UK this summer....
Castle Brands has engaged with investment banking company to look at a possible sale....
Castle Brands has appointed William Boykin to the position of regional manager for the company's Southeast division, the company said today (10 June)....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends