US: Southern Wine & Spirits creates corporate role
Southern Wine & Spirits said today (19 October) that it had created a new corporate level position by appointing Andrew Harman as vice president, organisational development.
Brad Vassar, executive vice president, general manager of the leading wine and spirits distributor in the US said Harman's responsibilities would include employee training, retention and talent development policies and programmes.
In his new position, Harman will report to Vassar and work closely with W. Michael Head, senior vice president of human resources.
Vassar said: "Andy brings a wealth of industry background to this new position. His experience with all levels of the wine and spirits industry will be very valuable in helping Southern Wine & Spirits of America identify best practices and extend them throughout our organisation."
Head said: "Andy's enthusiasm, energy and passion for the wine and spirits business are well known. We are delighted to have him join Southern in this newly created role which will help our company continue to implement industry-leading organisational development policies and practices today and in the future."
Harman last served as chief officer, global customer development. He was previously with Seagram.
Harman said: "I am thrilled to join this world-class organisation and look forward to contributing to Southern Wine's talent development strategies."
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is single malt the Great White Hope for Scotch?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US