US: Southern Wine & Spirits appoints NY boss
Southern Wine & Spirits of America, the US wine and spirits distributor yesterday said that Larry Goodrich, a 27-year veteran of Southern Wine & Spirits, has been appointed executive vice president and general manager of Southern Wine & Spirits of New York.
Earlier this month, Southern Wine & Spirits of America announced it had acquired 100% of the assets of Premier Wine & Spirits of New York and their western New York state distribution arm, Letchworth Wine & Spirits.
Wayne E. Chaplin, president and COO of Southern Wine & Spirits of America, Inc., said: "We are thrilled to give Larry this opportunity to help build Southern Wine & Spirits of New York into an organization on par with our other Southern Wine & Spirits operations in our other leading markets. Larry's dedication to the trade, our suppliers, combined with his uncompromising work ethic balanced by what could only be described as excellent people skills, makes him a natural to lead us into the future in New York. His past performance for all of the company's trading partners speaks for itself."
Goodrich will relocate to New York by December 1 with his wife Elaine of 21 years. His two children both are currently attending college in Florida.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad