US: Southern Wine & Spirits appoints Italian wine chief in New York
New Italian wine director for Southern Wine & Spirits
The New York division of Southern Wine & Spirits of America has appointed a director for Italian wines in the state.
Michele Ricci assumed the position on Monday (10 January), the wine and spirits distributor confirmed today (12 January). Ricci, who joins from Vias Imports Ltd where he was VP of sales, will report in to Brett Dunne, VP and general manager for wine at Southern Wine & Spirits of New York.
“Michele is a proven leader in managing and selling large and diverse Italian wine portfolios for more than a decade,” said Larry Goodrich, executive VP and general manager of the New York unit. “We have every confidence he will take our Italian wine portfolio to new sales levels in 2011.”
Details of who Ricci was replacing in the role were not disclosed.
Domaine Select Wine Estates has moved the distribution of its brands in California over to Southern Wine & Spirits' unit in the state....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World