US: Southern Wine & Spirits announces new partnership
Southern Wine & Spirits of America has entered into a partnership to wholesale operations across seven Pacific north-west states.
The partnership, with The Odom Corporation, will cover the states of Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Alaska and will also incorporate the Southern Wine Spirits West existing six-state Control States operation in Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
The new venture will encompass a strategic partnership for the distribution of wine throughout the state of Washington and Northern Idaho; wine and spirits within the State of Alaska; and the immediate establishment of a wine distributorship in the State of Oregon.
In a related transaction, the partnership has agreed to purchase certain wine and the spirits distribution rights from Alaska Distributors in the states of Alaska, Washington and Idaho.
Wayne Chaplin, president and chief operating officer of Southern Wine & Spirits of America said: "Establishing a more optimised Pacific north-west distribution system is a critical part of our overall supplier- and customer-centric growth strategy."
In three related senior management moves, Michael McLaughlin has been appointed vice president, general manager of the group's Pacific north-west six-state brokerage operations as well as Alaska's Spirits Division. Adam Hilpert, formerly vice president of sales at Odom, has been named executive vice president, general manager to oversee the wine wholesaling division in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Alaska. James Allen, formerly executive vice president and general manager of wines at Southern Wine & Spirits of New York, has been named executive vice president and managing director for fine wine of the Southern-Odom Pacific Northwest Group.
All appointments are effective immediately.
The new 'greenfield' division in Oregon is scheduled to be completely operational and fully staffed by 15 September.
Yesterday's announcement that Southern Wine & Spirits of America is to merge with Glazer's Distributors in the US signifies the spread of consolidation throughout the drinks industry. In this month's ...
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research