US: Southern to build new distribution site
Southern Wine & Spirits of America is to construct a new distribution facility in Florida. The distributor said yesterday (2 March) that it would commence construction of a new 653,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art beverage distribution site in Lakeland, Polk County, beginning with a ground-breaking ceremony on 18 March.
Construction is expected to be complete on the project by early autumn, according to Wayne E. Chaplin, president and chief operating officer of Southern Wine & Spirits of America.
In a statement issued yesterday, Chaplin said: "We are confident that with this facility we will be able to bring unmatched service and distribution capabilities to both our on-and-off and chain customers, as well as our supplier partners, all while continuing to improve our already leading levels of customer service."
The new 80.5-acre beverage distribution centre in Lakeland is designed to offer distribution services to the state's chain and independent on- and off-premise retail customers of Southern Wine & Spirits of Florida.
Southern Wine & Spirits of America is the nation's largest wine and spirits distributor, with current operations in 12 states and pending acquisitions in 7 states.
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research