US: Southern to build new distribution site
Southern Wine & Spirits of America is to construct a new distribution facility in Florida. The distributor said yesterday (2 March) that it would commence construction of a new 653,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art beverage distribution site in Lakeland, Polk County, beginning with a ground-breaking ceremony on 18 March.
Construction is expected to be complete on the project by early autumn, according to Wayne E. Chaplin, president and chief operating officer of Southern Wine & Spirits of America.
In a statement issued yesterday, Chaplin said: "We are confident that with this facility we will be able to bring unmatched service and distribution capabilities to both our on-and-off and chain customers, as well as our supplier partners, all while continuing to improve our already leading levels of customer service."
The new 80.5-acre beverage distribution centre in Lakeland is designed to offer distribution services to the state's chain and independent on- and off-premise retail customers of Southern Wine & Spirits of Florida.
Southern Wine & Spirits of America is the nation's largest wine and spirits distributor, with current operations in 12 states and pending acquisitions in 7 states.
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- This week in spirits & wine
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts