US: Southern forms new strategy unit
The largest wines and spirits wholesaler in the US, Southern Wine & Spirits of America, Inc., has announced the formation of a new Strategic Programs Group (SPG) designed to support the company's executives in strategy development, executive decision-making, and business initiative execution and implementation.
Linked with the creation of the new strategy unit are the appointments of Stephen J. Von Oehsen as vice president, strategy & business development, and Chris Minielly as director, strategy & business development. Both appointments take effect immediately.
Brad Vassar, Southern's executive vice president and general manager, commented: "The formation of this new Strategic Programs Group at Southern, together with Stephen and Chris's appointments, is all about our heightened commitment to strengthening our leadership position in the distribution tier, while also expanding our best-practices achievements across our growing organisation."
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report