US: Southern completes NY Premier acquisition
Southern Wine & Spirits of America, Inc. has completed the purchase of 100% of the assets of Premier Wine & Spirits of New York and their western New York state distribution arm, Letchworth Wine & Spirits.
The US wine and spirits distributor announced the purchase yesterday (11 October).
In a statement, David S. Taub, chairman and founder of Premier Wine & Spirits, said: "We have been both business associates and friends of the Chaplin family for more than 25 years, and as a result, we have all the faith and confidence in Southern's ability to bring the Premier organisation into not only a leadership position in the New York marketplace, but also bring with them the in-depth knowledge that Southern has gained from the diverse markets that they serve."
Harvey R. Chaplin, chairman and chief executive officer of Southern Wine & Spirits of America, added: "It has been a long-term corporate goal, as well as a personal desire of mine, to have Southern Wine & Spirits compete in New York, a metropolitan and upstate market that can only be described as one of the most dynamic and diverse in the country. More importantly, I have personally known the Taub family for more than a quarter century and I am confident knowing that Mr. Marc Taub will continue on with the new organisation as a strategic part of our new management team."
Marc D. Taub, president of Premier Wine & Spirits, said: "I look forward to not only helping Southern Wine & Spirits of New York to better understand the complexities of the New York market, but also, more importantly, to assisting Southern in executing their winning formula of both sales and distribution excellence."
"Our goal in bringing Southern's philosophy of uncompromising customer and supplier focus to the state of New York was a simple one - that is to grow; growth not only in size, but in a manner that will benefit all of our trading partners, our valued retailers and supplier customers alike," concluded president and chief operating officer of Southern Wine & Spirits of America Wayne E. Chaplin. "We believe the New York marketplace deserves this level of commitment and service that we are prepared to deliver."
Now operating wine and spirits distributorships in 12 states, including four of the nation's five largest beverage markets, Southern Wine & Spirits of New York is a wholly-owned division of Southern Wine & Spirits of America, Inc., which was founded in 1968 and operates divisions in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Kentucky, Hawaii, Illinois, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina.
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China