US: Southern Comfort to push SoCo Lime concept
Brown-Forman's Southern Comfort is launching a new media blitz in the US.
The brand announced yesterday (22 February) that it would spend over US$3m on an television advertising campaign in the US, featuring its SoCo nickname and SoCo Lime drinks. The push began last week and will run until April.
"SoCo gives the brand an energetic personality that resonates with the younger legal drinking age adult," said Ann Stickler, global marketing director, Southern Comfort. "We recognise that today's consumer personalises Southern Comfort to make it their own, and SoCo Lime is the way they call for it."
The first campaign spot, called 'Start Things Up' (:30), focuses on SoCo Lime, made by adding Southern Comfort and a splash of lime juice, and serving it with club soda or cola. "We'll have a SoCo Lime" is heard throughout the commercial.
"(SoCo Lime) has truly been a phenomenon driven by groups of friends asking for it in bars," said Stickler.
The new advertising will appear on F/X, E!, Comedy Channel, USA Network, and TBS. The first television spot aired on 16 February.
The campaign will also feature print, Internet, out of home billboards, and in-store advertising. The out of home will begin next month, while the print advertisements, beginning in May, will appear in Stuff, FHM, Rolling Stone, and Fader magazines.
Brown-Forman has signed its first Southern Hemisphere wine....
Brown-Forman has announced the next step in its succession plan....
US wine and spirits group, Brown-Forman, has announced a quarterly cash dividend of 24.50 cents per share on Class A and Class B Common Stock, following a board meeting....
Brown-Forman has reported earnings growth of 21% for its fiscal year to 30 April....
The US wines and spirits company, Brown-Forman, has launched its vodka brand, Finlandia, in India. Along with the core brand, three flavoured versions of Finlandia are also to be made available on the...
A bidding war for Allied Domecq looks more likely after Constellation Brands confirmed yesterday that it has approached the Bristol-based spirits company about launching a bid to rival that of Pernod ...
The likelihood of Pernod Ricard remaining the sole bidder for Allied Domecq has reduced over the last two days....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World